Hi to everyone!
It is a new week with new plans. I hope you enjoy your flawless skin. Nope?
Do you need to meet 3 clients in a day and need to do layers and layers of makeup to look good? Or you're on a holiday in a beautiful island where everyone looks like roasted chickens but you do as if you've bitten by misquotes all over the face?
I will give you recipe of a mask that has very crucial ingredients you need to for a healthy skin. I name it Mediterranean Mask, since the herbs and food I use are naturally found in Mediterranean region. If you cannot get them fresh, you can easily find them in herb stores.
The mask has 4 ingredients: Rosemary, dry nettle leave, clove and yogurt.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinali): Rosemary is a nice smelling, refreshing herb that is commonly used for flavoring foods. Rosemary is rich in flavonoids and tannins which protect skin from damage caused by free radicals and UV lights respectively. Also, another ingredient, triterpenes provide elasticity and firmness to skin. Besides, rosemary is a good antiseptic used in other areas of medicine.
- Nettle (Urtica Dioica): Nettle, in other words stinging nettle is an precious plant to treat several skin infections and inflammations. Nettle leaves are rich in vitamin A,C,D and K; as well as B. Nettle leaves alleviates appearance of acne thanks to quercetin.
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum): Clove has countless benefits for skin, stomach problems and brain health. It is a good antiseptic. Eugenol and tannins found in clove prevent infections and acne resulted from infection.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is considered as a super food, it seem not to have any harm for anything at all. Zinc, a mineral highly found in yogurt, also, mitigates acne irritation, while B vitamins promote cell growth and skin regeneration. Lactic acid tighten pores and decreases the appearance of wrinkles.
How to prepare Mediterranean Mask?
- Mix the herbs (1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp dry nettle leaves, 4-5 cloves) and add approximately 20ml of water. Boil it for 4-5 minutes and let it cool at the fridge (Cooling it down in the fridge is important. If it is too hot, yogurt may curdle. Technically also you denature proteins found in yogurt.)
- Add cold solution to the yogurt and stir it. Please do not add too much water before boiling if you want mask to stay on your face but drop down.
- You can use leaves to do peeling movements on your face. After 30 minutes rinse the mask off and feel the baby face smoothness and softness. 🙂