Hi to everyone!
It is a new week with new plans. I hope you enjoy your flawless skin. Nope?
Do you need to meet 3 clients in a day and need to do layers and layers of makeup to look good? Or you’re on a holiday in a beautiful island where everyone looks like roasted chickens but you do as if you’ve bitten by misquotes all over the face?
I will give you recipe of a mask that has key ingredients you need for an acne and blemish free skin. I name it Mediterranean Mask, because ingredients I use are naturally found in Mediterranean region. If you cannot get them fresh, you can easily find dried ones in herb stores.
Basically the mask has 4 ingredients: Rosemary, dry nettle leave, clove and yogurt.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinali): Rosemary is a nice smelling, refreshing herb that is commonly used for flavoring foods. Rosemary is rich in flavonoids and tannins which protect skin from damage caused by free radicals and UV lights respectively. Also, another ingredient, triterpenes provides elasticity and firmness to skin. Besides, rosemary is a good antiseptic used in medicine.
- Nettle (Urtica Dioica): Nettle, in other words stinging nettle is an precious plant to combat several skin infections and inflammations. Nettle leaves are rich in vitamin A,C,D and K; as well as B. Nettle leaves alleviate appearance of acne thanks to quercetin.
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum): Clove has countless benefits for skin, stomach problems and brain health. It is a good antiseptic and added to that Eugenol and tannins found in clove prevent infections and acne resulted from infection.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is considered as a super food, it seems not to have any harm for anything at all. Zinc, a mineral highly found in yogurt, also, mitigates acne irritation, while B vitamins promote cell growth and skin regeneration. Lactic acid tightens pores and decreases the appearance of wrinkles.
How to prepare Mediterranean Mask?
- Mix the herbs (1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp dry nettle leaves, 4-5 cloves) and add approximately 20ml of water. Boil it for 4-5 minutes and let it cool at the fridge (Cooling it down in the fridge is important. If it is too hot, yogurt may curdle. Technically also you denatures proteins found in yogurt.)
- Add cold solution to yogurt and stir it. Please do not add too much water before boiling if you want the mask to stay on your face but drop down.
- You can use leaves to do peeling movements on your face. After 30 minutes rinse the mask off and feel baby face smoothness and softness. 🙂